As a warehouse worker you will stage, load, and unload finished product and raw materials. Stock and maintain warehouse inventory. We service warehouses in Northern, Central and South Jersey. If you feel you meet the requirements listed below visit the office nearest you to speak with a Staffing Specialist.
- Outbound and inbound inventory (excel), damage reports, pad wrap & crate properties
- Assist in shop when necessary
- Package finished product for shipping (shrink wrapping, boxing, labeling).
- Stage finished product for loading.
- Load finished product onto truck, aircraft, and/or railcar.
- Unload raw materials from truck, aircraft, and/or railcar.
- Move raw materials to warehouse storage.
- Move waste from assembly line to dumpsters.
- Responsible for quality control – damaged products
- Operate within standard operating procedures (SOPs) and Job Safety Analysis (JSAs).
- Operate forklift, trucks, and/or railcars.
- Complete daily logs.
- Perform preventive maintenance (PMs) on forklift, truck, and/or railcar.
- Communicate with operators from other shifts.
- Clean and maintain work area.
- Turn off and lock out equipment when not in use.
- Assist mechanics and machinists in repair work.
- Perform back-up for assemblers.
- Order raw materials.
- Maintain material supply adhering to just in time manufacturing principles.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities):
- High School Diploma or GED (preferred)
- Forklift certification and applicable state certification for truck and/or rail operation.
- 1-2 years of related experience working in similar industry. Additional education may be substituted for years of work experience.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Manual dexterity required for operating machinery.
- Ability to stay a team player and meet deadlines.
Physical Demands and Work Conditions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee frequently is required to use hands or finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus. Machinery operation requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to; eye safety glasses, hearing protectors, work boots, and hardhats. Loose fitting clothes and jewelry are not permitted. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Rate of pay is: $8.50-$10.75 per hour