A bookkeeper maintains records of financial transactions by establishing accounts; posting transactions. Experience with Great Plains software is a plus. Schedule is Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm. Our client is located in Rutherford, NJ. Salary is based on experience.
* Develops system to account for financial transactions by establishing a chart of accounts; defining bookkeeping policies and procedures.
* Maintains subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, and posting transactions.
* Balances subsidiary accounts by reconciling entries.
* Maintains general ledger by transferring subsidiary account summaries.
* Balances general ledger by preparing a trial balance; reconciling entries.
* Maintains historical records by filing documents.
* Prepares financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
* Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying requirements; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing reports; advising management on needed actions.
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Developing Standards, Analyzing Information , Dealing with Complexity, Reporting Research Results, Data Entry Skills, Accounting, SFAS Rules, Attention to Detail, Confidentiality, Thoroughness